Watch Video Here
To kickstart January in a healthy form I’ve chosen my favourite detox drinks for weight loss and just general well being. Like most things each of the recipes below can be taken in moderation and part of a healthy balanced diet to see results. I, in particular like to take these in between meals (like my teas, detox water, cranberry juice) or first thing in the morning like smoothies which can also be used as snacks in between meals.
Do be aware of any allergens that some of these ingredients may contain and consult a doctor if you do suffer from any before opting for one or more of the recipes below. If in doubt remember water is and always will be your best friend :). Below are a list of the ingredients & Benefits featured in the video.
Berries & Orange Detox Water: Great replacement for fizzy & sugary drinks!
-Blueberries (handful) < These bad boys are great anti-oxidants and are high in vitamin A & C.
– Strawberries x 4
– Orange x 1
– Stevia (sweetener) x 1 Teaspoon
– Glass of water
– Ice (Optional)
Citrus & Mint Water: aka flat tummy water
– Lemon x 1 (Taste Best without skin, great fat burner speeds up metabolism and aids digestion)
– Mint Leaves x 3
– Half Cucumber (These are great for eliminating bloatedness)
– Kiwi (Provides the most amount of vitamin C, including Vitamin K which prevents high blood pressure & blood clots)
– Stevia x 1 teaspoon
Lemon & Ginger Detox Tea: AKA My Weight Loss drink!
– Lemon x 1
– Ginger (Thumb size) or half a teaspoon of ginger powder
– Cayenne pepper (aka supper food ) I use this in a lot of my cooking.
Let’s just break down it’s list of benefits:
- First off it is a digestive aid that stimulates the digestive tract, which increases the flow of enzyme production & gastric juices.
- it also helps for relieving intestinal gas (Good bye bloating) & aids the body’s ability to metabolize food (and toxins).
– Turmeric (Great alkaliser helps maintain a healthy and functioning immune system)
– Raw Honey
– Hot water
Cinnamon Green Tea: The simplest & if not best detox drink to get your hands on!
– Organic Green Tea bag (Specifically Organic as it has a lot more effect & doesn’t have any caffeine)
– Cinnamon stick
– 3 Mint leaves
– Raw Honey x 1 tablespoon
Green Detox smoothie: For great skin and well being!
– Organic Kale (Handful) 1/2 cup
– Organic Spinach 1/2 cup
– Grapes x5
– Apple x 1
– Chia seeds x 1 teaspoon
– Lime 1/2
– Ginger (Thumb size amount)
– Honey x 1 Tablespoon
Carrot Cleanse Smoothie: My go to smoothie for cleansing!
– 2 Organic Carrots (Contains Vitamin A, which is vital for good skin & better eye sight.. deffo helps with the skin)
– 1/2 cup Organic Kale (supper food high in fibre water & Vitamins)
– 1/2 cup Organic Spinach
– 1/2 Lemon Juice
– 1/2 grapefruit
– 1 Orange
– 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
– 1 Tbsp Honey
Last but not least Cranberry Juice.This supper juice as I call it is rich in antioxidants & vitamin C. It is great for the bladder and does a good job flushing out toxins from the body.