Drizzled in warm chocolate & cinnamon sauce. It’s the sweet comfort you need for a fancy breakfast or a sweet treat.
Time 20 Minutes
What you’ll need:
A mixing bowl (for dry ingredients)
A measuring jug or large cup
– 175g Self raising flour
– 50g brown caster sugar
– 25g cocoa powder
– 25g milk chocolate buttons (optional)
– 1/2 vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon basking powder
– 350ml almond milk (because of consistency I needed more, however, if using normal full fat milk 275ml will do
– Unsalted butter (for frying)
– pinch of salt
100g Dark chocolate
50g milk chocolate
100ml almond milk or double cream
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinammon powder
25g unsalted butter
pinch of salt
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder & salt in mixing bowl
2. In a separate jug whisk milk, egg & vanilla and pour into flour mixture.
3. Whisk all the ingredients together and pour back into jug.
4. Add a knob of butter to heated frying pan (make sure pan on medium-low heat).
5. Pour about 10cm (CD disk size) into the pan, cook pancake on each side foe 2-3minutes (can keep warm in preheated oven) whilst you cook the remaining batch.
For the chocolate sauce, add a knob of butter, sugar, chocolate, milk and cinnamon whisk slowly over low medium to low heat, add a pinch of salt and if the chocolate remains thick as 2-3 table spoons of milk or hot water. Once ll has melted and you get the glossy melted chocolate you desire, drizzle over warm pancakes.
Serve with fresh strawberries and there you have it 🙂