This recipe is for the days when I wish to spend no longer than an hour in the kitchen . I’m sure you have those days too, particularly when the plan is to lounge around in your PJs all day in front of the TV, submerge yourself in a good book (as I have of lately) or simply want to savour every hour of your Sunday before as Monday begins.
I cheated slightly with this recipe by using these oven ready roast potato wedges. However, you may make yours from scratch 😉
what you’ll need:
- A fairly decent sized baking dish, don’t be like me and use a small/medium pan. The bigger the better to give the meat and potatoes enough room to crisp.
- Chicken legs, 6 pieces
- Pack of oven ready potato wedges, like this
- 2 maggie seasoning cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chopped chilli
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 2 spring onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dried Herbs (either thyme or rosemary)
- 1 lemon
Wash your chicken in lemon water (1 lemon), pat dry and place in baking dish. Season with all the ingredients listed above. mix well then the oven ready potatoes. You may roast this separately if you wish, just follow packet instuctions.
Place the chicken and potatoes in a preheated overn for 35-40 minutes. Turn chicken halfway through cooking.
Once cooked served with roasted veggies of your choice.